Buying a domain name on Avoori means your domain name will be renewed each year at the same time thanks to the auto-renewal setting. If you bought a domain name on Avoori, then a year later after the purchase date, your credit card is going to get charged. If your credit card doesn’t get charged, we’ll keep trying for the next 3 days to 30 days, and after the grace period, your domain will finally expire.
If you don’t reactivate your domain name during the 30 days grace period, then your domain name will no longer be yours and anyone can buy it.
So, if you have unintentionally forgotten to pay for your domain name, then this guide will help you reactivate your domain name before you lose it.
How to know if a domain name is expired
If you don’t know if your domain name is expired or not, then here are the signs to look for:
- Your URL is no longer working
- Your website can’t be found through your domain name
- We’ve emailed you about your domain expiration
- Your domain says it’s no longer connected to the website
If you look for these signs and find out that your domain has expired, then check the steps down below to activate your domain name before anyone else buys it.
Reactivate an expired domain
To reactivate your domain name, here are the steps to follow:
- Go to Avoori’s homepage, log in to your account, and click on domains.
- You can check your domain’s list there and see the one you’re trying to reactivate.
- Click on the domain name and click on “renew”.
- Enter your credit card information and proceed with the payment.
- You’ll be receiving an email notification telling you your payment has been successful.
Just like purchasing your domain, reactivating it might take up to 72 hours for it to reactivate and to connect to your website again.
Domain renewals and billing cycles
You’ll stay on the same domain billing cycle
Reactivating your domain name during the 30-day grace period won’t affect your billing cycle. Your domain name will still be activated on the same day, same month, every year.
What we recommend
When reactivating your domain name, it’ll be set to auto-renewal automatically. This helps you pay for your domain name without interruption of our services and helps you preserve your domain name. We recommend you keep the auto-renewal and check your credit card information every year before the expiration date so your service doesn’t get interrupted.