If you’re starting to collect emails for your newsletter and want to avoid receiving emails of people who don’t want to be a part of your subscriber’s list, then verifying their subscription is the right way to do it.
A confirmation email that confirms their subscription and shows they want to be a part of your newsletter will mean you’ll have higher chances of having your email opened and having better traffic and analytics.
So, if you’re thinking about adding a confirmation email, this guide is here to help.
To add a verification, then please log into Avoori and choose the website you need and follow these steps:
- Go to your home menu, click on newsletter, and then click on settings.
- Scroll down to signup confirmation.
Here you’ll be able to customize your verification email when it comes to the email used where subscribers can contact you and the content of the email.
You can make the email similar to your brand by using the vocabulary you’re used to and by making it seem more personal.
The verification email is both to subscribers who sign up from :
- Your newsletter form put on your website (footer, blog posts, layout..etc)
- Your popup form
The verification email isn’t sent on the other to subscribers from:
- Imported list of addresses
- Addresses that were added manually to Avoori
Note: It’s important to check the regulations of your own country or international ones depending on the type of business you have in order to comply with the law. Your subscribers have the upper hand in subscribing and in terms of their privacy and your business needs to respect that.
After enabling the confirmation email, your subscribers will receive a confirmation email when they first subscribe to your newsletter. They either have the option to confirm their subscription or to unconfirm their subscription.
Based on their choice, they will either be added to your subscriber’s list or not.
Note: Your subscriber’s list won’t include the name of the subscribers until they confirm their subscription.
Customize the confirmation email
If you want to customize your confirmation email, then please follow these steps:
- First, go to Avoori and log into your account
- Go to your account’s dashboard and choose the website you want
- Go to your main menu, and go to newsletter and then settings
- Go to sign up confirmation and go to email content
- There you’ll find a generic email that is sent to your subscribers the moment they sign up to your newsletter.
- Change the content of the email but make sure not to remove “[activation_link] .[/activation_link]”
- After customizing, click on save settings
What to keep in mind:
Your confirmation email serves one purpose, to confirm your visitor’s subscription. You can’t remove the confirm subscription link and button nor can you promote your products and blogs in this email. This email needs to be sent from the address you’ll be using for your email marketing this way subscribers can contact you on it.