If you finished or not ready yet to start designing your page but want to guarantee your space with a unique name on the web, no problem! It’s possible to purchase a domain prior to building your Avoori website. Your new domain will automatically be linked to a free parking page which will function as a placeholder webpage until you are ready to connect your domain to your website.
If you already have a domain, it’s also possible to link it to your Avoori website. It’s even simpler if you transfer your domain to Avoori first as then you can connect it automatically to any of your Avoori’s websites.
When you are ready to start customizing your website, we have plenty of tutorials in our Getting Started Guides section available for you.
Create a new domain
To purchase a domain, you can follow these steps:
- Jump to the Avoori Portal by visiting: https://avoori.com/portal and click on the domains tab/section.
- Click on the Add New button and select Get a New Domain. You will be redirected to a page to search for an available domain.
- Search to find if the domain name of your choice is available and its pricing. We would recommend that you choose a short and memorable domain, one that your visitors will be able to remember.
- A list of domains will be presented to you, simply click on the available domain to purchase it.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your purchase. The domain is automatically verified using Avoori’s platform, so you don’t have to manually verify it. After the purchase, the purchased domain usually becomes available only after a few minutes, although in some cases it may take up to 24 hours for your domain to become available.
- Once your domain is ready, you will see it in the list of the available domains in the Avoori User Portal.
- Avoori made it super simple to connect your domain to your Avoori website. Simply click on Manage and then Connect to Site.
- Simply select your Avoori website from the list of websites, and thats it! Your domain is now connected to your Avoori website.
- To connect a domain purchased with Avoori to an Avoori website, you dont need to have any knowledge in DNS. Avoori takes care of this process for you.
- Our rate always stays at the same low price. You will pay exactly the same for the renewal of your domain every year. This means that there are no unexpected surprises, your domain always renews at the same attractive low rate.
The domain is set to auto-renew when the year has passed. If you wish to cancel the auto-renew process, go to Avoori User Portal > Domains > Select the domain you want to stop auto-renewing > Cancel auto-renew. If the auto-renew is disabled, an email will be sent to you 30 days prior to the domain expiration.
If you fail to renew the domain after one year has passed, your domain will remain active for 3 extra days. When the 3 days have passed, we will attempt three times to charge your credit card every 24 hours after the first attempt. After the third attempt, your domain will expire and it will not connect to your website anymore. The website will be available through the original Avoori subdomain that you received when first setting up the site.
When your domain expires it is released to Dynadot, the website that manages and registers Avoori’s domains. To reactive it, you will have to request a renewal through Dynadot and, if they can renew it, you will be able to reconnect the domain to your Avoori website as a third-party domain.
Unfortunately, at this point, the renewal price is no longer controlled by Avoori, being up to Dynadot. There is likely a 30 days “renewal grace period” where you are still able to renew your domain at their regular renewal price. After this period, you might still be able to restore it at a much higher price. However, sometimes expired domains are sold by Dynadot at auctions and cannot be repurchased anymore.
To best way to avoid this trouble and preserve your domain is to keep your auto-renewal activated and ensure that your credit card can be charged when the year ends.