Starting over with an Avoori website is always a possibility if you no longer like the way your website looks. You don’t have to create a new website to do it, you just have to follow these options and make your website look as fresh as possible.
If on the other hand, you want to start from scratch and get new style settings and remove all of your content, then you always start a new trial. In this guide, we’ll make sure to cover both options to help you out.
Options for starting over
You can start over by either following of these options in order to make your website get a new look:
- Redesign your website: In this option, you get to keep all of your website’s content but choose a new design, style, and look for your website.
- Reset style settings: You can restore your site’s original site settings with this option without deleting any content.
- Delete your website’s content: Here you’ll remove all of your content and keep the same style for your website.
- Start a new website: You can always start from scratch by creating a new website. This means losing all your content, products, data, and style and starting again with a new website.
Option 1 – Redesign your site
By choosing this option you’re choosing to :
- Keep your website’s content
- Give a new look to your website and giving it a new layout or design
In order to redesign your website, you’ll need to add other pages, other sections, other layouts, and that can only be made possible with pre-built layouts. Our pre-built layouts are made to keep your journey on Avoori as smooth as possible. You can try out different designs and different structures without having to build them on your own.
Each layout comes with its own blocks arranged in a special way which is what makes each one different. You can try out different ones until you find the one you like which you can then customize to your own needs.
In order to try out a pre-built layout or page follow these steps:
- Go to your website, click on it, and go to the home page.
- In your dashboard, at the bottom, and click on layout.
- You’ll be redirected to a page that has all your website’s layouts.
- Click on “add new”.
- Fill out the information and choose which kind of layouts you want.
- You’ll be redirected to a new page where you can customize your pre-built layout the way you want.
Note: You can customize your layout the way you want in order to give your website the best look. You can also import a new layout to Avoori by clicking on “import/export” on the menu on top in the layout page.
This way if you have a layout that you like, you can always import it on Avoori and work on it.
Option 2 – Reset style settings
If you don’t want to create a new layout and actually want your website to look the way it looked like before customizing in terms of style, fonts, and colors, then you can reset your style settings. This option will revert your layout and make it look the way it was when you first created your website. This option will also preserve your website’s content.
So, this option will let you:
- Revert your website to its initial design
- Preserve your content
You can reset each of your website’s components individually if you don’t want everything to be reverted all at once. You can style your fonts individually, your colors individually, and so on. Here’s how you can do it.
You can reset your font styles by going to:
- Home menu, click on Appearance and click on customize
- Choose default for every setting
- Click Confirm, and click on Save.
You can reset your color palette by going to:
- Home menu, click on the page you want
- Click on the text you want to choose the color of
- Click on the drop-down menu and check out the color palettes.
- Choose the color palette you like and click save.
Other site elements
You can always choose to reset the styles of every other element on your website by going to:
- The Home Menu, click on Appearance and click on customize
- Click on each element you want to restore from buttons to spacing.
- Click on each setting and set it to default.
- Click on save to save the changes.
It might take some time to restore your website to its original settings, but by doing so, your website will go back to look at how it looked like before.
Option 3 – Delete your site content
This option gives you the possibility to:
- Delete all of your website’s content
- Delete your progress
- Preserve your design
- Preserve your subscription plan
- Restart from scratch
In order to delete content from your website, then please follow these steps:
- Go to your website, on the home menu, click on pages.
- You’ll get a list of all the pages that exist on your website.
- Bulk choose all of the pages.
- Click on delete to delete all of your pages.
To rebuild your pages with new layouts:
- Go to your home menu, go to page
- Go to the page and scroll down for the data of the page
- Go to the layout injection, and choose the layout you want
- Click on save.
Option 4 – Start a new site
You can always start a new website if you no longer want that website you’re subscribed to and are paying for.
With this option you can:
- Start from scratch with a new website and a new design
- Get a 14-day trial
- Import your previous website’s content
- Import products and content
- Get a new subscription plan
Note: You can not use an old subscription of another website on your new website, you’ll need to choose a new plan where you’ll benefit from a 14-day trial.
To start from scratch with a new website:
- Go to your account
- Click on create a new website
- You’ll be redirected to the template’s selection where you can choose the one you like.
- If you have any content to import, then go to layout, and click on “import/export”.
- Choose “import” and import the content you want.
- After customizing your website, click on “activate” to choose the pricing plan you want.
By following these steps, you’ll have your own new website that you can customize the way you like. Enjoy the journey!