The Accordion module of the page designer lets you add a vertical list that can be expanded to display more details and collapsed to show less, having the information easily accessible without cluttering the page. It is commonly used for Q&A, FAQ, and featured lists.
Go to the page designer, and add a new module by clicking on the gray plus sign. Choose the accordion module from the list. If you prefer to find the module automatically, it’s also possible to type it in the search bar on top.
Define what will appear in your accordion using the Content tab.
Add New Accordion Item
Every time you add an item, you can edit its individual settings, including:
- Title: the text that will show when the accordion is closed and above the item content when the item is opened.
- Content: this is displayed when the item is opened.
- Link: if you want the item to open a link when clicked, define it here.
- Background: select a background color, image or video.
The design options of the individual item are:
- Icon color: define the color of the icon inside each toggle that visitors click to open the item.
- Open toggle text color: adjust the text color of opened items.
- Open toggle background color: adjust the background color of opened items.
- Closed toggle text color: adjust the text color of closed items.
- Closed toggle background color: adjust the background color of closed items.
- Text: define the orientation, color, and shadow of the text.
- Sizing: select the width of the item.
- Spacing: adjust the margins and padding.
- Border: define the corners and border style, width, and color.
- Box shadow: you can select a box shadow.
- Filters: adjust the scheme of colors of the bar.
In the advanced options of the individual item, it’s possible to introduce custom CSS code and to define transitions.
If you want that the module opens a new URL when someone clicks on it, paste that link here and decide if the link will open in the same window or tab.
Add a background color, gradient, image or video to your module.
You can modify the module’s label for easier identification.
Customize the design
With these settings, you can customize your design.
Select an icon color for the accordion.
Adjust the orientation and shadow of the text.
Define the font, color, alignment, line height, and other settings for the body text of the accordion.
Define the text color and the background color when the toggle is open or closed. Adjust also the text font, alignment, color, size, letter spacing, line height, and text shadow.
Adjust the width of the module.
Customize margins and padding sizes.
Define the border’s corner, style, color and width for your module.
Here you can enable box shadow.
Adjust the hue of the module as a whole.
Give an animation style to the module, like fading or sliding when it appears.
Using this tab you are able to insert CSS code, select device visibility, and manage transitions. Check this guide to know more about how to use these settings.
Let’s create an example of FAQ for the return service of an online shopping website.
We start by creating three items, each with a different FAQ.
Now we add the design options for the general module:
Icon Color: #000000
Body Text Color: #474747
Text Orientation: left
Open Toggle Text Color: #140206
Open Toggle Background Color: #d6d6d6
Closed Toggle Text Color: #000000
Closed Toggle Background Color: #efbac8
Toggle Text Size: 20px
This is the final result.