When customizing your Avoori website, you’ll notice that it’s possible to customize your website on a deeper level.
You can customize everything about your website from the name to your online store plan’s features.
Open Advanced Settings
To open your advanced settings, all you have to do is go to your menu and go to settings.
You can see that it has four different options, General, Discussion, Media, Privacy & Online Store. You can choose one of the four in order to access the advanced settings and customize it the way you like.
Customize it the way you like and then click “save” to not lose everything you did.
Note: The online store tab will only be available on the online store plan.
Learn more about each setting.
- Site title: You can customize your site title here so it can appear on your website’s heading and tab.
- Tagline: A short description of your website to help people understand what it’s about.
- Administration email address: The address you receive updates from Avoori.
- Site Language: The language used to help you customize your website and that appears on your client’s front-end.
- Timezone: Used to help you create a timestamp for your website in case you’re selling products.
- Week starts on: This will be crucial if you’re using Bookings & appointments or Hotels & Reservation.
- Membership: To help you decide if anyone can register for the membership or if there have to be some rules.
- New user default role: For deciding which title your subscriber will get.
- Writing: Here you can customize everything about your posts like their default format and their default post category.
- Reading: You can decide here how your homepage is supposed to look and how many blog posts to show per page.
- Search engine visibility: To decide whether or not you want search engines to index your website, in case you don’t, then click on it.
- Google Maps API Key: to help you set up the Google Maps API key for your domain.
- Default post settings: This option helps you define the post settings in order to determine if you want people to comment on your website and if you want to receive notifications related to your website to your email.
- Other comment settings: This one determines if anyone can comment on your website or not by determining if they can comment without registering or not. You can also decide if you want to close comments after a certain timespan. You can also customize how many comments can show up and if they should appear based on which one is the oldest or not.
- Email me whenever: To determine when you want to receive an email.
- Before a comment appears: You can reduce spam with this option by using “comment must be manually approved”.
- Comment moderation: You can choose to moderate comments by including certain keywords and whether or not is has a lot of links.
- Comment blacklist: You can choose whether to put some comments in the trash automatically if they have certain keywords.
- Avatars: This one is there to help your comment section look more friendly by choosing to show avatars and customizing them.
- Image sizes: Choose the maximum default size for images when added to the library by customizing the width & height and choosing whether or not they should be cropped to look the way they are.
- General: Is there to help you set up the general settings of your website. You can customize your address and country where you’re living. You can also choose whether you’re selling internationally or if you’re happy just shipping nationally and if you want to include tax rates and calculations. Include the currency you’re working with as well so it can be automatically used on your product page.
- Products: You can find this section in more detail on the POS documentation/Membership documentation/ Bookings & Appointments documentation. You can customize in this section everything about your product so it can meet up your expectations and needs.
- Shipping: Customize your shipping options by choosing the zones, options, and classes to help you decide if you’re going to shop worldwide or not. You can also customize different shipping options like the premium to make more money.
- Payments: Each website has different payment options depending on your location and where your clients are. In this section, you can decide which payment options your website should have whether it’s PayPal, stripe, Direct Bank transfer etc… You can include your payment options and decide the technicalities of this option.
- Account & Privacy: You can customize your account & privacy in this section by customizing the guest checkout and choosing whether or not the customers can place orders without an account or not. You can customize your customer account creation, erasure request, and choose how the customers are going to try out your website and their user experience. You can also include whether or not the customers should accept the terms of service acceptance or not before buying a product on your website. And finally, you can decide whether or not your customer’s data should be deleted or not.
- Emails: Choose where to receive your email notifications and where your customers should receive notifications on your website with this section from new order to order shipped.
- Customers: Here you can customize the type of customers that can purchase from your website or whether or not you want to include these types of customers on your product data or not.
- Bookings: If you’ve set up bookings on your website and want to start receiving them, then you can customize this section for it to meet your needs when it comes to your store availability, timezones, calendar sync, and reservations.
- Subscriptions: If you have subscriptions or memberships, then you’ll want to customize your subscription section to fit your criteria. You can customize the renewals, switching, synchronization, and miscellaneous. You can decide whether the renewals should be automatic and if customers can switch from a subscription to another and every other technicality that goes in within subscriptions. If you want to learn more about memberships then you can check our documentation on it to help you out.
And these are all the settings you can customize on your website in order for it to meet your expectations.